Sunday, September 30, 2012

Silver Linings

They say that you'll never really know where life will take you. For me, that never really rang true until my life was turned upside down. And I'm finally beginning to see the bright side of that upside down.

Four years ago, or two years ago even, if you would have told me that the highlight of my fall in 2012 would be a Michigan State tailgate, I would have looked back incredulously. The silver lining of the past two years of my life is that I have rediscovered the best friends in my life; given that they live in East Lansing, I've been spending an inordinate amount of time in the the city that once was vorboten in my vocabulary. It's weird when bad things happen in your life. Good things come from those bad things. But usually you don't realize that until way later.

For all the hell I've waded through in the past year, I don't know if I would trade it now. It's just about impossible to trade the guys who would have your back no matter what for anything.

Yesterday I wore green and white. I tailgated with thousands of Spartans. I cheered for Michigan State. Definitely not my forte, but it was more me being happy to spend time with my best friends than any college football affiliation.

Moral of the story: If you're going through hell, you may not see it at the time, but sometimes there is a silver lining in that dark tunnel.

1 comment:

  1. next time you use a word like vorboten you should prolly include a definition in parenthesis for people like Danny and I

    ReplyDelete